Friday 25 February 2011

11 o'clock...

It's around 11pm on a Friday night. It's relatively quiet save for the sounds of a few drunken idiots at the end of the road hurling abuse at each other. Not an unusual occurrence at all. It's been a fairly non-productive evening if I'm being honest. I've generally lazed around, watched an episode of House (was a good one), ate a few things that my waistline will not appreciate and ended up sat in front of the computer with my headphones on with flitting from song to song via iTunes.

Admittedly not the stuff legendary Friday nights are made of but then I was never really the paint the town red type (these days I'm lucky if I'm painting a mini red).

Like most people I have mad ideas going around my head. At this hour, late enough that my mind is in creative but not blitzed mode, I find the frame of mind where mad ideas seem like good ideas. The quiet hour where sensible ideas go to die and there's the nagging voice of 'why not?'.

So, why not?

Hmm...

I think I might leave this blog post as it is and go nowhere further with it. But the idea might bleed into tomorrow. You can never tell. All those ideas that seemed like good ones the night before. At 11 o'clock they might just be workable. Just don't go near the 2am ideas. That way lies madness indeed.

Ramble... mutter... thinking...

2 comments:

  1. im asleep bi then - old mans medication sees to that - but inspiration comes flowing in on daily 4 mile river walks and madness rules the dayye - i do not think you lack in inspiration steve just sorting out what is achievable and how to slot it in to the spyglass/eolith model .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By 11 o'clock I'm usually in bed asleep! My excuse is that I tend to get up early in the mornings...

    ReplyDelete